This culinary delight combines the rich, earthy flavors of wild chanterelle mushrooms with the luxurious creaminess of a well-crafted sauce. The Creamy Chanterelle Sauce is a recipe that promises to elevate your dining experience to a whole new level. The warm, golden hues of chanterelle mushrooms, known for their distinctive taste and delicate aroma, are blended into a velvety sauce that pairs beautifully with a variety of dishes, from pasta to poultry. This recipe, which we will explore in detail, encapsulates the essence of comfort and indulgence, making it a perfect addition to your culinary repertoire. Let's dive into the world of gourmet flavor and learn how to create this delectable Creamy Chanterelle Sauce.
- 2 tablespoons butter or cooking oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound (450g) chanterelle mushrooms or 250 grams frozen.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (120ml) chicken broth or vegetable broth or 1/2 bullion cube and water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme
- Trim and cut the chanterelles into smaller pieces.
- Sweat the mushrooms in a hot frying pan without butter (Skip this step if you use frozen chanterelle). When the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated set it aside.
- Saute the onions in a cast iron skillet or Dutch oven over low-medium heat for about 5 minutes until translucent then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the chanterelles and cook over high heat for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour.
- Stir in the cream, broth, Worcestershire sauce, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stir in the vinegar and taste with salt, and pepper. Stir in chopped parsley and thyme.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.