Easy Homemade Cast Iron Skillet Pan Pizza Deep Dish Recipe (Amazing crust)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 package dry yeast or 25g fresh yeast
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp butter
The tomato sauce (2 servings)
- 18.67 oz / 500 g can crushed tomatoes
- Tomato paste (4oz / 113.3981g or 1/2 cup / 1 dl)
- 1.33 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 0.33 Tbsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.67 tsp basil
- 0.33 tsp dried oregano
- Pour 1/4 cup of warm water (body temperature) to a mixing bowl and add yeast and honey, stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup of water, olive oil, and salt. Give it a little stir.
- Add 2.5 cups of flour and mix with a machine or by hand.
- When mixed let it rest for 30-40 minutes in a bowl with a towel on top until the dough has doubled in size.
- In the meantime, start making the tomato sauce.
- Heat the oven to 500 °F / 250 °C.
- Heat a 12" cast iron skillet enough to be able to melt butter, however, not too hot to avoid that the butter gets burned.
- Butter the skillet using a brush, don't forget the edges of the skillet.
- Put the dough in the skillet and spread it out to the edges.
- Pre-bake the dough for 4 minutes then add the tomato sauce using a circular motion with a ladle. Then add cheese. Make sure to cover the edges with both tomato sauce and cheese to create a tasty cameralization.
- Add any ingredients you like and then put the cast iron pan in the oven for 8 minutes after which your pizza is ready to eat. Enjoy!
Tomato sauce instructions
Add all ingredients into a pot and let it simmer for 15-30 minutes
Any leftover can be used for pasta sauce.
Products used in the video:
Philips Avance HR7778/00 kitchen machine stainless steel
12-Inch Cast Iron Skillet
Silicone Hot Handle Holder
Ladle, Brush and Whisk