Easy Fried Rice in a Cast Iron Wok
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, corn, pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and black pepper
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3–4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1. Make scrambled eggs and set aside.
2. In the wok, add butter and fry carrots, onion, peas, corn, pepper, and garlic for about 5 minutes until the carrots have softened, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Increase the heat and add more butter, when the butter has melted immediately add the rice, green onions, soy sauce, and oyster sauce and stir until combined. Continue for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the scrambled eggs and stir to combine. Remove from heat, and stir in the sesame oil.