2 - 3 Servings
- 2 eggplants
- 500 grams crushed tomatoes
- 2 Piri Piri, dried
- 1 Mozzarella
- About 100 grams Parmesan
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh basil
- Black pepper
- canola oil or olive oil
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise in about 1 cm thick slices and lay the slices on a tray. Salt on both sides and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Fry the eggplants over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side until browned.
- Meanwhile, fry onion and garlic in a pot or pan over medium heat.
- Add crushed tomatoes and season with Piri Piri, salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano.
- In an oven-safe form, add tomato sauce at the bottom, then a layer of eggplant, another layer of tomato sauce. Spread a layer of chopped fresh basil on top of the tomato sauce. Add a layer of parmesan, with mozzarella on top, then add the rest of the eggplants, tomato sauce, parmesan, mozzarella, and lastly add a layer of panko at the top.
- Bake at 220°C for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Serve with a salad.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.