Homemade Calzone Recipe
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 package dry yeast or 25g fresh yeast
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups Flour
- Smoked Ham
- 1 egg
- Sesame seeds
- Pour 1/4 cup of warm water (body temperature) to a mixing bowl and add yeast and honey, stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup of water, olive oil, and salt. Give it a little stir.
- Add 2.5 cups of flour and mix with a machine or by hand.
- When mixed let it rest for 30-40 minutes in a bowl with a towel on top until the dough has doubled in size.
- Flatten the dough to a circle using a rolling pin or by hand.
- Put a few slices of prosciutto in the middle of the dough and follow with a layer of ricotta, a layer of smoked ham and finish with a layer of mozzarella.
- Fold the dough so that it covers the filling and at the same time leave a little dough on the bottom side to be folded upward.
- Brush with an egg mixed with a tablespoon of water and a little sesame seeds on top.
- Use a knife and make 3 small vent holes at the top of the pizza.
- In the oven at 500 °F / 250 °C for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.