Potato gnocchi is both delicious and fun to make. Here is a luxury but simple recipe where the gnocchi is served with lovely browned butter, flavorsome sage, and grated parmesan.
4 - 6 servings
> 60 min
- 900 g potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 dl flour + extra for rolling
- 2 tbsp butter for frying
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- black pepper
Browned butter with sage
- 1 pot sage
- 50 g butter
- About 1 dl parmesan
- Boil and peel the potatoes in salted water. Mash the potatoes with a ricer into a bowl.
- Mix the mashed potatoes with the eggs and salt. Mix the flour with the mash into a dough.
- Cut off a piece at a time and roll it into a 2 - 3 cm roll.
- From each roll, cut 3 cm pieces.
- Make a dent/little hole in each piece, about halfway in, with your finger, or roll each piece against a fork to get a pattern where the sauce can stick onto.
- Boil up salted water in a large pot. Boil the gnocchi for a few minutes. You know they are ready when they start to float. Lift out the gnocchi with a slotted spoon or a spider strainer.
- Let the gnocchi rest on a piece of paper towel.
- Pick the leaves from the sage. Melt the butter in a pan and brown it until it starts to smells nutty. Take the pan off the stove and add in the sage and stir.
- Fry the gnocchi in oil and butter until golden. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the gnocchi on a plate and top it with the sage butter and grated parmesan.