Red wine sauce · Sauce ·
Red wine sauce
A basic red wine sauce recipe where you can add ingredients as you wish.
- 3 dl red wine
- 3 dl water
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 3 tbsp beef stock
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tbsp butter for frying
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp raw cane sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 25 g butter
- salt and pepper
- Fry the shallots and garlic in the butter together with the sugar until soft but not brown.
- Add the tomato paste and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil and let it cook until reduced to half.
- Add water and beef stock and let it simmer for 10 minutes, then stir in the cornstarch.
- When the sauce has thickened, add the butter and taste with salt and pepper.
- Sieve the sauce with a strainer before serving.
Leave a comment