- 2 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Amaretto (cognac or other liqueur)
- 225 g Mascarpone
- 2 dl Quark (optional instead of the egg white)
- 12 - 16 Savoiardi biscuits
- 1.5 dl strong Coffee
- 2 tbsp Cacao
- Hand mixer
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar.
- Add the mascarpone and Amaretto, whisk into an even mixture. Add the quark to the mixture or (depending on which you use) whisk the egg whites into a solid foam and fold into the mixture to an even batter.
- Pour the coffee into a deep plate. Dip the biscuits one at a time (only dip half of the biscuit and hold for 1-2 seconds, do not soak it, it will take on the liquid anyway and it's easy for the biscuit to get too soaked with the coffee).
- Lay the first 6 - 8 biscuits (depending on the size of your form) at the bottom of the form. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture on top of the biscuits.
- Sieve cacao on top of the mascarpone mixture.
- Lay the remaining 6 - 8 biscuits on top and spread the remaining mascarpone mixture on top of the biscuits.
- Let the cake rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour, the longer the better so it's a good idea to make the tiramisu the day before you are going to serve it and let it rest in the fridge overnight.
- Just before serving you sieve the last cacao at the top of the cake.