Vegan Sausage Stroganoff in a Dutch Oven Recipe
Delicious even for a non-vegan like myself!
- 250 grams smoked soy sausage or tofu
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tsp thyme
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (or mustard of your choice)
- 500 grams crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (1 dl) oat cream
- black pepper
- Cut the soy sausages in pieces.
- Chop the onion and strip the pepper.
- Heat a casserole (dutch oven, pot or pan) with oil and fry the chopped onion for a few minutes.
- Insert the pepper with the onion and let it fry together for a minute.
- Add the tomato paste and stir so that it mixes with the onion and pepper.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, oat cream, pressed garlic clove, mustard, thyme, and soy sausage, salt, and pepper.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes with a lid on.
- Serv with rice and haricot verts or mixed salad.