Indulge your taste buds in a delightful culinary experience with this Super Moist Spice Cake featuring a luscious Cream Cheese Vanilla Frosting. Crafted to perfection, this recipe promises a symphony of warm spices harmonizing with the rich, moist texture of the cake. The aromatic blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves creates a flavor profile that will transport you to a cozy haven of comfort and sweetness. Topped with a velvety Cream Cheese Vanilla Frosting, this dessert is a celebration of decadence. Embark on a culinary journey and elevate your baking skills with this irresistible combination of spice and sweetness. Follow along to create a cake that not only looks impressive but also captivates the senses with each delightful bite.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or cream
- 1 and 1/4 cups, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola or another flavorless oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Vanilla Frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Grease an bread pan or 8×8-inch (20 cm x 20 cm) oven safe form
- In a large bowl sift and stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined for about a minute.
- Add oil and whisk until combined. Add applesauce, buttermilk, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the flour mixture and mix as little as possible, just until combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Add Cream Cheese Vanilla Frosting to the cake (optional, half recipe is enough for a loaf).
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.