- 1 lb chicken filets
- Half gnocchi recipe and follow the instructions until the gnocchi has been fried golden. You could add a bit more flower to taste, depending on which consistency you want.
- 140 g sliced bacon.
- Chicken & Steak Seasoning (Santa Maria)
Roasted red pepper sauce
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 ounce jars roasted red peppers in water, drained
- 1/2 cup broth, veggie or chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup half and half cream or cream
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano, plus more for serving
- 2 cups baby spinach or spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Prepare half gnocchi recipe and follow the instructions until the gnocchi has been fried golden.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Fry the chicken filets and season with the Chicken & Steak Seasoning just enough to get a golden color on each side. Let the chicken cool and wrap with bacon and put on an oven-safe form and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet at medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and fry until soft. Transfer the shallots and garlic to a food processor or blender and mix along with the roasted peppers and broth until smooth.
- Pour the pepper puree back into the skillet over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add the cream, Pecorino, salt, and pepper, and stir, add the fresh basil and spinach and cook for about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Cook the gnocchi until they start to float. Drain the gnocchi and fry them until golden brown in oil and butter then add to the skillet with the sauce and chicken.
- Serve with extra cheese to taste.